Thursday, March 5, 2009

Joy and Regret

Timothy, I have been serving the Lord through Youth ministry for 15 years now. There have been some great times filled with laughter and joy. There have also been some very sad times filled with tears and heart ache. I have had the privilege of studying and teaching God’s Word to some great students. It was my prayer that these students would find a faith that would last throughout all eternity. However some have strayed from the truth of the word and have started following the ways of man. The Bible warns us about following this path. “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.”-Proverbs 16:25
Seeing those you have loved and cared for going down this path is so hard. It hurts me in the deep recesses of my stomach. This kind of pain is the pain I felt as I watch my father dying of cancer. I wanted so badly to do something but I wasn’t in control. Timothy, pray for those who have strayed. Pray God would open up their hearts once again to the truth of His Word. Timothy, keep the faith and teach those under you to do the same. Hold on to this faith because we live in a world where what we believe seems like foolishness. It will become increasingly harder as time marches on but never give up. Never quit even when all seems lost.
M

No comments: